Brazilian inspired, garlic and pinto bean soup. Garnish with diced grilled steak and lemon-herb olive oil.
|Prep- 30 min.
||Cook- 20 min.
||Yield: 64, half-cup servings
- Bring water, chili powder and oregano to a boil in a 5-gallon stockpot.
- Add Santiago® Smart Servings™ Refried Beans and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soup has thickened, about 15 min.
- Add cooked pasta, pico de gallo, corn and pepper sauce and cook, stirring occasionally until beans are fully hydrated and vegetables are fully cooked, about 5 min.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and sour cream*
- *Note: Soup will thicken as it cools. Add hot water to thin.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
|Calories - 160
||Protein - 7 g
||SatFat - 0 g
|Fat - 1 g
||Carbs - 31 g
||Fiber - 6 g
||Sodium - 465 mg
||Potassium - 262 mg